Re: How to emulate Yes/No Cancel Dialog?

From: Bailey Bob <p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: 15 Dec 1992 17:03:19 GMT

In article <1992Dec10.205650.19707_at_netcom.com> sjs_at_netcom.com (Stephen Schow) writes:
>Anyone have any solutions for emulating a Dialog Box that prompts for
>yes/No/Cancel?
>
>I did one solution that even used the arrow keys, but when I ran the form on
>the mac runforms, it did not look acceptable, so I have to figure a better way.

Have you seen the white paper from Oracle titled:

        "Developing Bit-mapped Applications with SQL*Forms and SQL*Menu"

This paper describes a method of simulating check boxes that can be selected with the mouse. I have tried it and it seems to work satisfactorily. Granted, the appearance is not exactly according to Mac standards, but, it does make for a user friendly point & click selection.

The paper also discusses several other points of interest to developers that will be implementing on Macs or in the X windows environment.

Bob Bailey Received on Tue Dec 15 1992 - 18:03:19 CET

Original text of this message