Oracle 7 and heterogeneous distributed databases

From: <roeber_at_vxcrna.cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1992 16:46:44 GMT

I was reading some Oracle 7 propaganda (well, the notes from a course on oracle 7 somebody here took), and saw a few pages discussing
"heterogeneous database networks" or some such -- it seems Oracle 7
will be able to cooperate with other vendors' databases. Unfortunately, these notes are basically copies of overheads, and so contain very little information. Could anyone suggest where I might find further documentation or information? (Our regular Oracle 7 docs haven't
arrived yet, and besides I suspect this is a bit esoteric to be in the usual set.)

Thanks!

PS. Are any Oracle folks out there who work(ed) on this interested in an innovative new use of this facility?

--
Frederick G. M. Roeber | CERN -- European Center for Nuclear Research
e-mail: roeber_at_cern.ch or roeber_at_caltech.edu | work: +41 22 767 31 80

"Sorry, baby, I can't take you to the pizza joint tonight, I've got to go
back to the lab and split the atom." -- Ayn Rand, "What is Romanticism?"