Re: Smalltalk to Oracle???

From: Bob Zwanikken <bob_at_cvi.ns.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1992 13:07:19 GMT

Robert P. Frey <rfrey_at_igc.apc.org> writes:

>Does anyone know if there's an interface from any implementation of
>Smalltalk to an Oracle database? Thanks.

Yes, soon on the air:
VisualWorks, the new product of the Xerox boys at parcplace systems. It's a full smalltalk implementation, with gui-builder and database-access including Oracle.
Finally a WindowBuilder integrated in the original st implementation. I've seen how it works. There is not even place for ObjectWorks anymore.

--
Bob Zwanikken (bob_at_cvi.ns.nl)
CVI (Dutch Railways, automation department)