Re: Case Studies of Distributed Databases in Oracle

From: Brent Lambert <brent_at_spss.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1992 16:16:35 GMT

In article <1992Nov12.034900.9780_at_colorado.edu>, sieh_at_csn.org (David Sieh) writes:

> We are starting a project in which we must make a set of databases
> available to users over a wide area network...
> We are looking for help/advice in designs/implementations of
> similar database systems...We are especially interested in case studies.

A recent issue of Oracle's newsletter/magazine included several 'Lite' case studies of large organizations that have committed to ORacle 7. As I recall, at least one of them involved both distributed access and distributed data. Your Oracle rep might be able to get you a reprint.

Sorry I can't remember anything more specific ... can anyone else help with the details?

--
The above statements are not the opinions or policies of SPSS Inc.
The above statements may not be the opinions of Brent Lambert.