RDB --> Oracle conversion

From: Steve Shapiro <shapiro_at_cfsctc.enet.dec.com>
Date: 19 OCT 92 08:42:22 EST

Howdy all!

We are going to be converting from a VMS/RDB database to an Ultrix Oracle database in the near future.

Do any of you know of any tools, utilities, scripts, command procedures, etc. which will automate the conversion from RDB to Oracle?

We have both RDB and Oracle on our VAX/VMS system so I guess that something for VMS would be easiest for the conversion.

Also, we have our RDB database setup so that groups of tables are logically included in RDB 'folders'. Do any of you know of a method by which to simulate or emulate somesuch similar?

Regards,
Steve.

* Steve Shapiro * All views and opinions expressed *
  • SKS Computer Consulting, Inc. * are my own and are offered as-is *
  • Steve.Shapiro_at_f440.n101.z1.fidonet.org BBS: (508) 664-6354 N81 * *******************************************************************/