Conditional Views

From: Peter W. Flur <flur_at_eecom.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1992 16:21:39 GMT

Can someone suggest a good way to make conditional views? What I mean is to have a view that allows an oracle user to only access the rows of a table that they somehow "own" (maybe by a "username" field or something).

I'd like to create a view something like create mytable as select * from bigtable where myoracleid=mytable.userid;

Peter

---

     Peter Flur, Research Engineer - School of EE, Georgia Tech
       E-MAIL: peter.flur_at_ee.gatech.edu PHONE: (404) 853-9355
     DUKE UNIVERSITY -- 1991 & 1992 NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS!!!
            The Duke Dynasty Rolls  --- ThreePeat '93