Did you use E-R modelling for your database design ?

From: Aniruddha Kortikar <kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 13 Oct 92 19:56:16 GMT

Hi

I would like to know if you used E-R modelling (Entity relationship) modelling for your organizations database design.

Specifically I would be interested in

1. Did you use E-R modelling for database design project
2. How big was the result (Approx no of tables  20,50,150 etc)
3. Did you use any software for designing the database. (to generate schema)
4. Are you aware of any company that has a business of database design ?

   (NOT programming etc but exclusively information modelling and giving     you generated schema and all the documentation.)

    I do not want to know the products, or product development company     but the consulting company which uses some of these products and give     you the design.
5. did you really benefit from such design efforts ?

regards,

Aniruddha Kortikar (kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com)

E-mail 	: kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com | for every action there is an
Phone(W): 408 765 5515              | equal and opposite government program.