Re: Did you use E-R modelling for your database design ?

From: Shinji Kono <kono_at_csl.sony.co.jp>
Date: 14 Oct 92 00:40:42 GMT

In article <Bw2spt.BIv_at_inews.Intel.COM> ,

        kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com (Aniruddha Kortikar) writes
>Specifically I would be interested in
>1. Did you use E-R modelling for database design project
Yes, we did.

>2. How big was the result (Approx no of tables 20,50,150 etc)
Very small less than 10.

>3. Did you use any software for designing the database. (to generate schema)
No. Sybase only.

>4. Are you aware of any company that has a business of database design ?
None.

>5. did you really benefit from such design efforts ?

We think so. It helps database extendability and dependency maintenance. Anyway it is not so serious in case of small database.

---
Shinji Kono _at_           kono_at_csl.sony.co.jp
Sony Computer Science Laboratory, Inc,Japan