Re: DAL server for HP 9000 ?

From: Antoine Duong <antoine_at_Apple.COM>
Date: 12 Oct 92 16:56:20 GMT

cameron_at_donald.etdesg.trw.com (Chris Cameron x21639) writes:

>We are running Oracle on an HP 9000 machine and want to access the database
>using the SQL capabilities of Excel 4.0 on a Macintosh. We have System 7 and
>the DAL extension on the Mac side; evidently we also need a DAL server on the
>HP side. We have been told that a Unix version of this software exists. Can
>anyone give us a product name and/or phone number?

>Please reply via e-mail. Thank you.

>Chris

Hello Chris,
Apple has licensed the DAL technology to Pacer Software to develop DAL servers for the Unix platforms.

The HP9000 server supports Oracle, Ingres, Informix and Sybase over TCP/IP and async connections.

Pacer software is at:
1900 West Park Drive , sutie 280
Westborough, MA 01581
(508) 898-3300

--ad Received on Mon Oct 12 1992 - 17:56:20 CET

Original text of this message