Full text databases or Oracle used in Libraries

From: Simon Spencer <sspencer_at_trl.oz.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1992 22:26:59 GMT

Has anyone on the net had any experience in using Oracle to develop full text databases? We are in the process of developing our system spec for replacing our existing library system and I keep hearing that Oracle is not really suited to library applications. Is this true? are there any library systems developed using oracle, i,e cataloging, circulations, journals etc???

Thanks for reading this far.

Simon Spencer
Systems Development
National Information Resource Centre - Telecom Australia s.spencer_at_trl.oz.au Received on Wed Oct 14 1992 - 23:26:59 CET

Original text of this message