Multiple value scrolling list in forms30?

From: Hugh Fader <hugh_at_slee06.srl.ford.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 16:15:29 GMT

I need to implement a multiple value scrolling list. I am using the CASE tools and SQL*Forms 3.0. It needs to work with the following tables:

	CREATE TABLE data_points(
	 dpnum                           NUMBER(5,0)      NOT NULL,
	 projnum                         NUMBER(4,0)      NOT NULL,
	 valid                           CHAR(1)          NULL,
	 dsnum                           NUMBER(4,0)      NULL

)
; CREATE TABLE data_sets( dsnum NUMBER(4,0) NOT NULL, dstype CHAR(1) NOT NULL, projnum NUMBER(4,0) NOT NULL
)
; ALTER TABLE DATA_POINTS ADD ( FOREIGN KEY (DSNUM, PROJNUM) REFERENCES DATA_SETS ( DSNUM, PROJNUM) CONSTRAINT DP_A_PART_OF
)

What I would like to do is have a form which defines a new DATA_SETS row, then presents the user with a list of DATA_POINTS which have null values in the DSNUM column (i.e. DATA_POINTS which do not yet belong to a DATA_SET). The user would be able to select the DATA_POINTS to be included in the DATA_SET, and have the DSNUM value updated appropriately.

One mechanism for implementing this would be a multiple value scrolling list as the forms designer has when doing a Select Columns from the Default Block form. Another method would be with check boxes.

My problem is, I can't find anything in the documentation about how to implement either of these. Can anybody offer suggestions as to how to do this. I would like this to work in bit-mapped as well as character environments.

Thanks in advance.

--
Hugh Fader
hugh_at_slee01.srl.ford.com