SUMMARY : Selecting Multiple Values from a list in FORMS 3.0

From: Venkatesh Nakkala <nakkala_at_cs.tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 22:54:33 GMT

   Question:

    Can anyone out there give me suggestions as to how I could do     the following.

  1. I have a block that consists of fields from a view based on three tables.One of these fields can take more than one value..in the database these values would correspond to different tuples in one of the tables involved. Right now I just have the usual LOV text that selects into the field and so cant allow for more than one to be selected. Any ideas ?...I would like the user to be able to just select all the values off the LOV popup .

    What I want to do is similar to the "select columns" option     in the default block definition form.

------the responses I got for this query--------------

You have to create another block to perform the LOV. Make some KEY-? be your select key and when pressed copy those values to your data block and move down one record. To make it pretty, highligh using the attribute macro, choosen rows. Also have an exit from LOV KEY-? Received on Sat Sep 19 1992 - 00:54:33 CEST

Original text of this message