Re: Oracle V6.0 and Borland C++ 3.0 ???

From: Al Parker <al_at_cvgis.prime.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 17:24:39 GMT

pkoch_at_news.weeg.uiowa.edu (Peter F Koch) writes:
: I bought Borland C++ V3.0 recently. I will soon be getting Oracle V6.0
: for MS-DOS and want to develop Windows database applications. Does Oracle
: support Borland C++ or do I have to use Microsoft's compiler?
:
: ===========================================================================
: Peter Koch Phone: 708-534-5200
: Weston Gulf Coast Labs email:pkoch_at_umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
: 2417 Bond St.
: University Park, IL 60466
Hi Peter,
I'm using ORACLE V6.0 on a SUN at this point but I can tell you what their approach seems to be. I have used C++ on UNIX and DOS.

The OCI (Oracle Call Interface) library should be usable from any language capable of using a C calling convention and it is documented for C, FORTRAN and COBOL. You'll be able to use it from either C++ but you'll have to build your own classes...

You'll probably be able to use Pro*C (embedded SQL) also but may have to keep Pro*C modules separate from C++ modules.

Al Parker, P.Eng, Sr Software Engineer - Computervision GIS al_at_cvgis.prime.com (416)508-8020(x881) These opinions are my own and not those of my compnay.