Re: Oracle V6.0 and Borland C++ 3.0 ???

From: <GO.MSB_at_isumvs.iastate.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 14:55:06 GMT

In article <1992Jul23.133752.4755_at_news.weeg.uiowa.edu>, pkoch_at_news.weeg.uiowa.edu (Peter F Koch) writes:
>I bought Borland C++ V3.0 recently. I will soon be getting Oracle V6.0
>for MS-DOS and want to develop Windows database applications. Does Oracle
>support Borland C++ or do I have to use Microsoft's compiler?

>Peter Koch Phone: 708-534-5200
>Weston Gulf Coast Labs email:pkoch_at_umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
>2417 Bond St.
>University Park, IL 60466

The Pro*C for MS-DOS and OS/2 Getting Started booklet (pp 2-2,2-3) indicate requirements as MS C ver 6, MS link and MS assembler (for user exits). They indicate specific MS C libraries (llibcr, libh, llibfa), so that probably throws other compilers out the window (for protected mode applications, anyway).

Marvin Beck Iowa State University Received on Thu Jul 23 1992 - 16:55:06 CEST

Original text of this message