Using Views for BLOCKS?

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: 23 Jul 92 17:16:42 GMT

I have heard that SQL*FORMS performance is a little better if I create a view of a table and then base the form block on the view instead of directly on the table.

Anyone have any experience to know if this is true or not?

ALSO, What if I created a view with a join and based a form on that view as if it was just one table. Would I be able to update records and would Oracle automatically update both the master and the detail records in the actual tables?

Thanks in advance

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear