Re: eight bit charaters problems in SQLFORMS 3.0 /AIX 3.2

From: Kjartan R. Gudmundsson <kjartang_at_isbank.is>
Date: 18 Jun 92 09:27:19 GMT

In <1245_at_isbank.is> kjartang_at_isbank.is (Kjartan R. Gudmundsson) writes:

>We recently moved our devlopment from VMS machine to AIX machine, and
>are haveing troubles with Sqlforms 3.0.
>Sqlforms and related tools (runform, sqlmenu 5.0 for example) do not
>accept eight bit characters. Eight bit characters in .inp files are
>displayed normally but one can not add new ones. (They are just ignored
>and reported as <-2> in the log file if one uses the -e parameter)

>Oracle says: "Strange, very strange this works on our machine", and then
>they hint at that something must be wrong with this machine. I have been
>talking with them about this for more than one week now.

Actually there was a problem with my machine. (!!!) IBM only included two "locales" in /usr/lib/nls/loc and orakit needs the locale En_US to function. We were also told how we were able to to get orakit to use our locale files until we get the En_US files.

So the problem was how IBM cofigured the machine they sold us, not with the Oracle tools. Received on Thu Jun 18 1992 - 11:27:19 CEST

Original text of this message