eight bit charaters problems in SQLFORMS 3.0 /AIX 3.2

From: Kjartan R. Gudmundsson <kjartang_at_isbank.is>
Date: 16 Jun 92 15:50:41 GMT

We recently moved our devlopment from VMS machine to AIX machine, and are haveing troubles with Sqlforms 3.0.
Sqlforms and related tools (runform, sqlmenu 5.0 for example) do not accept eight bit characters. Eight bit characters in .inp files are displayed normally but one can not add new ones. (They are just ignored
and reported as <-2> in the log file if one uses the -e parameter)

Oracle says: "Strange, very strange this works on our machine", and then they hint at that something must be wrong with this machine. I have been talking with them about this for more than one week now.

If you are running sqlforms on a an AIX 3.2 machine then could you _PLEASE_ do the following test for me.
Run sqlforms without username/password on the command line and try to enter eight bit characters in the username field. Then send my a note telling me if it was possible for you to enter 8 bit character, and include the version number of sqlforms and oracle toolkit
(those are displayed on the username screen).
(I don't want JUST to hear from those how can NOT enter eight bit
characters, if any, I want repsonse from as many as possible)

(If you are working on a vt220 or vt320 terminal then you can enter
eight bit characters with the compose character, "compose / o" generates a special character overstriked o, "compose s s" generates german Szh character. Eight bit characters need to be enabled in the terminal setup. I don't know how to enter eight bit characters for other terminals.)

My version of sqlforms is
sqlforms: 3.0.16.3.2
oracle toolkit: 01.00.19.00.03 Received on Tue Jun 16 1992 - 17:50:41 CEST

Original text of this message