Re: Help with compiling XWindows-to-C-to-Oracle

From: Ronan Waide <waider_at_glas.rtsg.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1992 08:03:01 GMT

bergstro_at_src.honeywell.com (Pete Bergstrom) writes:

>Can you give more information on what Oracle doesn't like? What do
>you mean by its "access section"?

>I've been writing a lot of embedded SQL in the last six months and
>there shouldn't be anything different between what you're doing and
>what my stuff does.

>Pete

Well, it's like this:

[declarations etc]
main()
[more C]

[embedded SQL to access a database]

[more C]

will compil okay, but if I change main() to readDataBase(), and leave out _any_ main() procedure (which obviously makes it 'not a program' :-) ) it gives some linker errors along the lines of 'undefined : _pcisyn' and about 6 or 7 others. Okay. So then I make a second file with my main() in it and a call to readData Base stuck inside it. I use the compiler to compile & stick the whole lot together, and run the executable. BOOM! Core dumped, illegal instruction.

Help?

--
Ronan Waide, Motorola Ireland Ltd.