Re: Oracle GUIs

From: Chris Claborne <claborne_at_npg-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM>
Date: 14 Jan 92 23:12:11 GMT

In <1992Jan13.212759.23042_at_pscinc.ca> kevinc_at_pscinc.ca (Kevin Cormier) writes:

>Hi,

>I am looking for some information regarding GUIs for Oracle.

I have seen Object Vision which is a graphical front end for Oracle which runs under windows. The oracle server can be running anywhere, all it needs is to be running SQL*Server.

Development can be from drag and drop to writing embed SQL commands. I watched a demo where the user developed a complete report with subtotals, and groups, by doing everything with a mouse and dragging the fields where he wanted them on the paper. Their tool has some built in stuff that will move data down to an Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet was set up with a button that it would allow you to change data in the spreadsheet and then send it back to the Oracle table.

I spoke to someone that consults for a fortune 500 and they chose Power Builder, which is supposed to be more powerful.

I am told that the Gupta product is also a possible choice. From what I have heard, I want to get a demo.

>Our client is interested in querying an Oracle database for
>network topology information and then displaying this information
>in a graphical manner.

[stuff deleted]

>Regards,

>K.C.

>--
>Kevin A. Cormier Protocols Standards and Communication Inc.
>Consultant Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
>kevinc_at_pscinc.ca Tel: (613) 736-6110 Fax: (613) 736-6105

    2
== C ==
chris.claborne_at_sandiego.ncr.com Received on Wed Jan 15 1992 - 00:12:11 CET

Original text of this message