Re: SQL-plus

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:37:17 +0100

On 02.03.2009 22:56, Tim wrote:

> ddf wrote:

>>> Try going into an interview and say that.- Hide quoted text -
>>>
>> I have.  Your point?
>>
>> David Fitzjarrell
>
> Well, I find if I go into an interview and can't answer questions, they
> assume I don't know it. And some questions are ridiculous, like what
> folder is this information kept in.

Then you know that you probably do not want to work for this company. Anybody with only minimal understanding of Oracle knows that - since it's a complex product with a lengthy version history - it is unrealistic to expect applicants to know every detail off the top of their heads.

If instead they try to find out how you approach things then you can never be properly prepared by trying to know every detail. Instead, you should be more concerned about how you tackle new issues that pop up in front of you - because that's what you'll have to do most of the time anyway.

My 0.02 EUR

        robert Received on Tue Mar 03 2009 - 08:37:17 CET

Original text of this message