Re: Oracle10 e PHP

From: Daniele <nospam_at_nospam.it>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:13:32 +0100

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> ha scritto nel messaggio news:49a93910$0$2861$ba620e4c_at_news.skynet.be...

> It is not nice to lie to people, Daniele.

???

> I quote from
> http://repettas.wordpress.com/2008/05/16/national-character-set-in-oracle-9i-and-10g/ :
>

> "Can You use AL16UTF16 as NLS_CHARACTERSET?
>
> No, AL16UTF16 can only be used as NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET in 9i and above.
> Trying to create a database with a AL16UTF16 NLS_CHARACTERSET will fail."

Probably I make confusion between NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET. But I didn't lie: the parameters of the DB are:

NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET         AL16UTF16
NLS_CHARACTERSET               WE8MSWIN1252

The Oracle 10 DB was installed by a third party, not by me. I only try to correctly access to data..

> Only NCHAR, NVARCHAR2 and NCLOB columns can use AL16UTF16.
>
> What Oracle Client version are you using? Is the environment variable
> ORA_NLS33 / ORA_NLS10 correctly set?

Oracle Instant Client (in PHP web server) is 10.1.0.4, I used it to compile PHP with OCI8 Support.
Environment variables ORA_NLS33 / ORA_NLS10 is not set in web server.

But, I repeat, I solved the problem removing characterset parameter from oci_connect.

    Daniele Received on Tue Mar 03 2009 - 10:13:32 CET

Original text of this message