Re: Oracle10 e PHP

From: Daniele <>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:13:32 +0100

"Gerard H. Pille" <> ha scritto nel messaggio news:49a93910$0$2861$

> It is not nice to lie to people, Daniele.

> I quote from
> :
> "Can You use AL16UTF16 as NLS_CHARACTERSET?
> No, AL16UTF16 can only be used as NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET in 9i and above.
> Trying to create a database with a AL16UTF16 NLS_CHARACTERSET will fail."

Probably I make confusion between NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET. But I didn't lie: the parameters of the DB are:

The Oracle 10 DB was installed by a third party, not by me. I only try to correctly access to data..

> Only NCHAR, NVARCHAR2 and NCLOB columns can use AL16UTF16.
> What Oracle Client version are you using? Is the environment variable
> ORA_NLS33 / ORA_NLS10 correctly set?

Oracle Instant Client (in PHP web server) is, I used it to compile PHP with OCI8 Support.
Environment variables ORA_NLS33 / ORA_NLS10 is not set in web server.

But, I repeat, I solved the problem removing characterset parameter from oci_connect.

    Daniele Received on Tue Mar 03 2009 - 10:13:32 CET

Original text of this message