Re: SQL-plus

From: Tim <jmeth111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:37:23 -0500

Michael Austin wrote:
> Tim wrote:

>> Michael Austin wrote:

[Quoted] >>>> I'm not a DBA, I am a developer. And I don't have the memory to

>>> remember it all???  I still use google - after many many years as a
>>> dba -- I take the Einstien approach - try not to remember anything I
>>> can look up...
>>
>> Try going into an interview and say that.

> I have and still do... I have forgotten more than most people asking the
> questions will know.... I give them concepts. Anyone can memorize the
> various permutations of this or that or the other. Very few can go
> beyond that to determine the real problem and it's real resolution. It's
> one of those things you can't memorize. As one that has recruited and
> hired in the past - I never ask "what's the command for..." I ask
> concept questions - there is a point at which you cannot bluff your way
> through those...

[Quoted] Some places now give tests. I was asked to write some HTML code. I just gave the thing back and told them I don't write things from scratch. In another case, I was asked what folder a certain file was in. Received on Tue Mar 03 2009 - 00:37:23 CET

Original text of this message