Re: SQL-plus

From: Tim <jmeth111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 07:48:06 -0500

Michael Austin wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>> Robert Klemme wrote:

>>> I'd rather not want to.  The Windows application is flawed.  The
>>> command line version is much better, for example, it has command
>>> history.  Just forget this Windows thing.  I am hearing, Oracle
>>> removed it in 11g anyway.
>>>
>>> Just my 0.02EUR
>>>
>>>     robert
>>
>> Well thanks for your advice but, since no one else has convinced me to
>> prefer command line tools, I think I will continue to use the UI based
>> one. It is much better.
>
> real DBAs don't GUI.... :)
>
> but if you must, download Oracle's SQLDeveloper (also works with DB2 and
>  SQL Server) - I also have used DBVizualizer (free download)

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm not a DBA, I am a developer. And I don't have the memory to remember [Quoted] all of the commands for Oracle, and all of the other things I have to know to develop J2EE applications.
If that is your main focus, you can remember it because you are using it every day. I am using Javascript, JSP, Java, Hibernate, JDBC, etc. Received on Mon Mar 02 2009 - 13:48:06 CET

Original text of this message