Re: HTMLDB report wrap text

From: Tim X <timx_at_nospam.dev.null>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:22:20 +1100

Chris <christophercash_at_hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having major problems just trying to do a text wrap on a report
> in HTMLDB. I have tried the following CSS
>

> .td {
> padding-top: 2px;
> padding-bottom: 2px;
> padding-left: 5px;
> padding-right: 5px;
> border-collapse: collapse;
> [color=red]white-space: wrap;
>
> }
>

> where the white-space is wrap and it doesnt seem to do the job. I
> have also tried changing the width of the field on the report but to
> no avail. This should be a simple job but for some reason I just
> can't get it to work.

This is really a CSS/HTML issue and nothing directly related to htmldb. Have you looked at your output with different browsers? It could be that its something specific to the browser or browser version your using, the fonts it uses, the screen size/resolution etc.

try other browsers, check browser configuraition and check there are not other CSS elements affecting the formatting.

As you want specific formatting for this column, I'd recommend defining a specific TD class e.g. TD.data. This will help to ensure your formatting for that column only affects columns definined to use that class and will help ensure other TD css elements don't play havoc with what your trying to do.

HTH Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au