Re: HTMLDB report wrap text

From: Álvaro G. Vicario <alvaroNOSPAMTHANKS_at_demogracia.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:03:20 +0200

Chris escribió:
> I am having major problems just trying to do a text wrap on a report
> in HTMLDB. I have tried the following CSS
>

> .td {

Remember you need to assign class="td" to whatever element you want this to apply. Unless you want to apply it to all <td> tags, in which case you should remove the leading dot.

> padding-top: 2px;
> padding-bottom: 2px;
> padding-left: 5px;
> padding-right: 5px;
> border-collapse: collapse;
> [color=red]white-space: wrap;

This is not valid CSS syntax, not to mention that "wrap" is not a valid value for white-space.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/text.html#white-space-prop

> where the white-space is wrap and it doesnt seem to do the job.

HTML is designed to wrap text automatically. If it doesn't, it's because you've added code to avoid it: find it and remove it. Also, get some HTML and CSS documentation: typing random stuff to see whether it works won't take you too far ;-)

--
-- http://alvaro.es - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programación web: http://bits.demogracia.com