Re: Newbie questions

From: Paul <nothanks_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:55:15 +0100

>What operating system?

[Quoted] I am using windows xp

I have managed to use Netmanager in my client 9i installation, to create a "Service naming" I have called "testme" to the database. This checks out ok when I add the correct id and pw.

However when I try to TSNPING testme it errors "failed to recognise name".

I have also added SQLDeveloper, which is allowing the connection using the TSN name, but when I connect it tells me that only 9x and above are supported, and whilst it then builds the db structure, it does not hold any tables views etc.
I am not sure at the moment what version the oracle db is I am connecting too.

Still needing any advice please. Received on Tue Apr 08 2008 - 14:55:15 CEST

Original text of this message