Re: Oracle 10g Graphics question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:55:25 -0800

Agnes wrote:
> Well, as much as I feel like agreeing with you guys any day (and I've
> used Reports since the days it was just Report Writer, talk of a dumb
> tool!), it won't help me solve my problem. I can't go to the client
> and tell them to switch to Crystal Reports, they won't listen, so I
> have to live with Repots+Graphics. Reports is fine, but
> Graphics....... is giving me a headache <sigh>
>
> Any idea where I could go looking for a solution? The graphics wizard
> is sure no help at all! And no web-search has yielded results... I'm
> getting desperate here.
> --
> Agnes

[Quoted] Large quantities of alcohol often help. <g>

[Quoted] I wouldn't advise you to go to the client and ask them to buy Crystal. But I do think you can go to them and inform them that Graphics is an obsolete tool unsupported by Oracle during the current millennium and incompatible with supported versions of the database.

Question, in a polite manner of course, the wisdom of investing money into developing something that is unsupported, obsolete, and has no future.

Never make a technology argument when a financial argument will suffice.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor