Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 07:41:24 +0100

> Microsoft = Windows = Insecure by definition.

Oracle - unbreakable? yer right :)

> You mean SQL Server is now free to Oracle customers? Where?

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/default.mspx

But that was not my statement and not the statement you originally said; you [Quoted] said you had to pull ALL the data from Oracle into SQL Server in order to use Reporting Services which is just not true, any ODBC source can be reported from using Reporting Services - Oracle, DB2 etc... the data remains [Quoted] in oracle Reporting Services is simply querying that data.

As you can see by the feature list here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/features.mspx you get Reporting Services as part of the free version.

> Time you stopped being a Microsoft troll in an Oracle usenet group.

I'm posting to comp.databases so being frank - shut up and stop your myth spreading garbage.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson