Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:25:47 +0100

> If you had any REAL experience with investment banking you would know
> that investment bankers are subject to audit restrictions, enforced in
> the US by the FTC, SEC, and laws that are violated by using MS Access
> to produce reports.

May it is true in the US that you cannot use MS Access to produce reports but not here in the UK for those regulated by the FSA.

I've done a lot of work with CRM with a number of investment banks and one of the problems we faced was how to load the data from the spreadsheets and access databases they use to store their contact lists.

I remember one US bank that had a big site here in the UK that was creating one access database per day containing data that they reported back to the LSE, we replaced it using REporting Services.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson