Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 20:00:17 -0700

Tony Rogerson wrote:
> You appear to be totally disconnected from the real world - probably
> what comes with teaching too long.
>
> If you had any current industrial experience, especially in investment
> banking then you would discover that Access (albeit a pain) and Excel
> for that matter are both successfully being used by sales traders,
> salesman and analysts throughout that industry as a database tool.

And if you had any experience with this group you would know that top posting is discouraged or ignored.

[Quoted] [Quoted] If you had any REAL experience with investment banking you would know that investment bankers are subject to audit restrictions, enforced in the US by the FTC, SEC, and laws that are violated by using MS Access to produce reports.

But then your point isn't truly to be accurate or promote the use of "best practices." Your point is to throw napalm around.

Sorry to have called the fire department but your assumptions about my current industrial experience are so far off target that had you any ethical standards you would throw yourself on a sword. You don't even know what I do 40+ hours a week.

But then when has having the facts influenced what you post?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington