Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:43:16 -0700

[Quoted] David Segall wrote:

> carol_marra_at_msn.com wrote:
>

>> We're doing a product comparison for graphical query builders. Would
>> appreciate
>> your input on what you like (or don't).
>>
>> We're an Oracle shop, but we need connectivity w/ any ODBC compliant
>> DB.
>> Also need query result export options (esp Excel), pivot capability,
>> printable results,
>> Windows compliant.
> Microsoft Access?

I can't think of a worse tool.

[Quoted] The last thing Oracle needs is to be connected to an insecure (ODBC) tool that could potentially be used to alter data and in which you [Quoted] couln't write a decent SQL statement more complex than SELECT * FROM t;.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington