Re: Designer Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:51:58 -0400

"Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:46dd07de$0$235$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> "Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> schreef in bericht
>>I may know the answer but I just thought I'd throw this out in case
>>someone more knowledgeable than myself may know a work-around.
>>
>> Is there a way in designer to set up synonyms for objects in another
>> database being accessed through a database link or will things like that
>> have to be taken care of manually outside of designer?
>>

> I think it can be done in the 'distribution' part of Designer. Don't have
> one here right now to confirm that.
>
> Shakespeare

Unfortunately it looks like I can only create SYNONYMS and grant permissions through roles to only objects which are local to the database.

So if I want a role to have permissions to objects in the local and remote databases I'm going to have to handle the remote objects manually outside Designer. Received on Sun Sep 09 2007 - 17:51:58 CEST

Original text of this message