Re: Internal Block Name on a Form

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 11 Jul 2007 13:50:26 -0800

papalphaus_at_yahoo.com wrote:
: I was told that I need to set the internal block name for a block on a
: form to a non-empty value. I have no idea how to do this. The block
: has a name filed in at the Name field of the property sheet for the
: block. If anyone knows what this is and how I set it, please let me
: know.

Perhaps the name you are trying to use is invalid in some way. Perhaps the name is a duplicate.
Perhaps you are misunderstanding and looking at the wrong thing when you examine the properties.

I normally set the name from within the Object Navigator, not the properties dialog of the block, perhaps that makes a difference. If you double click on the name (in the Object Navigator) then it allows you to edit the name. The entire name starts selected and typing anything effectively deletes the whole name - so you may wish to click carefully in the selected name text to unselect the text and instead position the cursor in the name without accidently deleting it all.

$0.10 Received on Wed Jul 11 2007 - 23:50:26 CEST

Original text of this message