Re: install multiple versions of Oracle client on the same computer

From: <fredericmulot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:36:18 -0000

On 10 juil, 20:34, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> fitzjarr..._at_cox.net wrote:
> > Comments embedded.
> > On Jul 10, 8:53 am, fredericmu..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi everybody,
>
> >> I have a little question for the Oracle Experts :)
>
> >> For my job, I need to make a unattended installation of the Oracle
> >> clients.
>
> >> This is not the problem, I have seen that there are response files in
> >> the distribution.
>
> >> In fact my problem is that I need to install Oracle 8 client and
> >> Oracle 9 client on the same computer.
> >> Is this possible ?
>
> > Certainly it is, simply use different ORACLE_HOME locations.
>
> >> Because I tried to install both version, and I am not sure for the
> >> registry settings, environment variables.
>
> > Windows offers theOracle HomeSelector, which allows the user to
> > switch from one ORACLE_HOME to another.
>
> >> I hope I am clear enough.
> >> and thanks for your answers...
> >> --
> >> Fred
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Question remains: Why?
> Fred, why do you think you need 2 versions of the client?

[Quoted] In fact, I personally do not need 2 versions of the client, My job is to deploy application silently.

And people how are in charge of the Oracle Project asked us to make an unattended installation for client 8 and an other one for client 9. And said that we should make those 2 versions of the client to cohabit on the same computer.

and I don't know the reason. I have to ask them... regards,

--
Fred