Re: Problem connecting to database with Oracle Discoverer 4

From: <antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 14:08:25 -0700

[Quoted] Frank van Bortel wrote:
> antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com schreef:
>
> > http://static.flickr.com/76/228299512_75fca56471_o.gif
>
> A simple "the error is TNS-12154 - listener could not resolve service
> name" would have been more efficient...
>

> > I searched a little and modified the SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA under
> > C:\orant\NET80\ADMIN as follows, but I am still getting the same error.
>
> Why? The error is by the listener - that's on the database server
> Probably, your entry in tnsnames.ora should be:
>
> (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = MyDBName.Mydomain.edu)
>
> If you do not know (it has been discussed before!), try
>
> (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = MyDBName)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

[Quoted] Hi, Frank,

Thanks a lot. I tried what you said, but I am still getting the same error. I've tried both

   (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = MyDBName.Mydomain.edu)

and

   (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = MyDBName)

Neither worked.

I am using the same connection string I used in my web application like below:

DSN=MyDBName;UID=myUserID;PWD=myPassword; DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; SERVER=199.220.3.6;

Is this correct? Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 23:08:25 CEST

Original text of this message