Re: Problem connecting to database with Oracle Discoverer 4

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:54:39 +0200

antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com schreef:

> http://static.flickr.com/76/228299512_75fca56471_o.gif

[Quoted] A simple "the error is TNS-12154 - listener could not resolve service name" would have been more efficient...

> I searched a little and modified the SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA under
> C:\orant\NET80\ADMIN as follows, but I am still getting the same error.

Why? The error is by the listener - that's on the database server Probably, your entry in tnsnames.ora should be:

     (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = MyDBName.Mydomain.edu)

If you do not know (it has been discussed before!), try

     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = MyDBName)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel