Problem connecting to database with Oracle Discoverer 4

From: <antonyliu2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 08:11:29 -0700

First of all, thanks a lot for the hints you guys gave a few days ago about Oracle Discoverer. I was not able to get back to you guys sooner because I was trying to catch up with a deadline of Sept. 1. (working up to 4AM each day).

Now, again, I would like to set up Oracle Discoverer for my boss, so that he could create reports about thousands of students that this office provides service for.

I am really confused by those packages that Oracle made available on their web. I downloaded and installed the following package.

http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/discoverer/10241_admin.zip

Now, I have a problem connecting to my student database running on a different computer. Please take a look at the screen snapshot at the following link:

http://static.flickr.com/76/228299512_75fca56471_o.gif

[Quoted] I searched a little and modified the SQLNET.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA under C:\orant\NET80\ADMIN as follows, but I am still getting the same error.  Please note that I could connect to the same database in my web application very well with the same ODBC driver, same user name and password. Any idea? Thanks.

#SQLNET.ORA
TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = OFF
sqlnet.authentication_services = (NTS)
names.directory_path = (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME) names.default_domain = world
name.default_zone = world
automatic_ipc = off

#TNSNAMES.ORA
MyDBName.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mydbserver.at.my.domain)(PORT = 1521)
        )

    )
(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = MyDBName)
    )
  )
extproc_connection_data.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =