Re: Oracle <--> Excel, using Toad

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:22:52 +0200

On 11 Jul 2006 00:02:55 -0700, "Praveen" <bpraveen2_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>i need your help for connecting Oracle database to Excel .
>We have Oracle 7 (7.3.3.6) Parllel Server running on VMS platform
>(VMS-7.1.2).
>I would like to connect to the Oracle, through Excel running on Windows
>NT,servicepack (6a). I would like to use Toad software (Freeware), for
>this requirement.
> Now my points are:
>Is i need to install any Oracle client application on PC, then is it
>required to install Oracle 7 only,(or i can install higher version
>Oracle 9i).
>How to configure Oracle parller server to allow it to accessed by
>client application running on PC.
>Please note that iam very new to Oracle, so please elaborate your
>reply.
>Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oracle 7.3.3 --> desupported
VMS 7-1.2 _--> likely desupported
NT 4.0 ---> desupported

You are on your own.

People being new to Oracle should read the concepts manual and not ask such questions as '>How to configure Oracle parller server to allow it to accessed by
>client application running on PC

Apart from the fact this is ghastly English, it betrays you expect this forum to teach you Oracle, and you are not prepared to spend any effort on learning it.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA