Oracle <--> Excel, using Toad

From: Praveen <bpraveen2_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2006 00:02:55 -0700

Hi
[Quoted] [Quoted] i need your help for connecting Oracle database to Excel . [Quoted] We have Oracle 7 (7.3.3.6) Parllel Server running on VMS platform (VMS-7.1.2).
I would like to connect to the Oracle, through Excel running on Windows NT,servicepack (6a). I would like to use Toad software (Freeware), for this requirement.
 Now my points are:
Is i need to install any Oracle client application on PC, then is it required to install Oracle 7 only,(or i can install higher version Oracle 9i).
How to configure Oracle parller server to allow it to accessed by client application running on PC.
Please note that iam very new to Oracle, so please elaborate your reply.
Thanks in advance for your replies. Received on Tue Jul 11 2006 - 09:02:55 CEST

Original text of this message