Re: Expert tunning Database

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:13:53 -0400

"Robert Klemme" <bob.news_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:4dlhjiF1ang0lU1_at_individual.net...
: Sybrand Bakker wrote:
: > On 25 May 2006 01:49:52 -0700, "rmli" <rmurrali_at_gmail.com> wrote:
: >
: >> Expert tunning Database
: >>
: >>
http://quickdba.blogspot.com/2006/05/oracle-expert-tuning-secrets_22.html
: >
: >
: > How expert would that be if even the word tuning is spelled
: > incorrectly
:
: "And when you access tables in a transaction system exclusively through
: range scans in primary-key indexes, reorganizing the tables with the
: CTAS method should be one of the first strategies you use to reduce I/O.
: By physically sequencing the rows in the same order as the primary-key
: index, this method can considerably speed up data retrieval.
: Like disk load balancing, row resequencing is easy, inexpensive, and
: relatively quick. With both techniques in your DBA bag of tricks, you'll
: be well equipped to shorten response times-often dramatically-in
: high-I/O systems."
:
: Wow!
:
: I'm also missing the word "measure" on that page - maybe that's what he
: means by "secret": it's his secret how one determines the cause of bad
: performance...
:
: robert

'tunning' might not have been a missspelllng:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tunning

++ mcs Received on Thu May 25 2006 - 14:13:53 CEST

Original text of this message