Re: Expert tunning Database

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:09:37 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 25 May 2006 01:49:52 -0700, "rmli" <rmurrali_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Expert tunning Database
>>
>> http://quickdba.blogspot.com/2006/05/oracle-expert-tuning-secrets_22.html

> How expert would that be if even the word tuning is spelled
> incorrectly

[Quoted] "And when you access tables in a transaction system exclusively through range scans in primary-key indexes, reorganizing the tables with the CTAS method should be one of the first strategies you use to reduce I/O. By physically sequencing the rows in the same order as the primary-key index, this method can considerably speed up data retrieval. Like disk load balancing, row resequencing is easy, inexpensive, and relatively quick. With both techniques in your DBA bag of tricks, you'll be well equipped to shorten response times-often dramatically-in high-I/O systems."

Wow!

I'm also missing the word "measure" on that page - maybe that's what he means by "secret": it's his secret how one determines the cause of bad performance...

        robert Received on Thu May 25 2006 - 13:09:37 CEST

Original text of this message