Re: Reports 6i replacement options.

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 24 Apr 2006 08:21:22 GMT

ANC wrote:

> frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Ideally it needs to be easily distributable & installable as
> >> we have an ever-increasing number of sites, most of which have
> zero IT >> expertise on site.
>
> Assuming you have Microsoft Office with Access on each desktop,
> perhaps you might look at a scenerio where you front-end 6i with
> Access and create applications and reports with that? It will run
> slow and it's not an ideal solution, but it might be
> cost-effective... for a while.... until you can budget a full upgrade.

They have Office, but most won't have Access. Plus the users need to be able to call individual reports & sets of reports from both the back-office application (USoft) & the front-office (Java web-based). Doing something in Word is a possible option, but that will have to wait until I find my Office CD to install the extras needed - D'oh!

--
Preston.