Reports 6i replacement options.

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 10:24:42 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] We're starting to look at replacements for Reports 6i before the [Quoted] [Quoted] extended support expires. As I understand it, Reports 10g needs either Oracle Forms & Reports Services or Application Server Enterprise Edition, both of which are licensed as ASEE, meaning significant additional cost; especially as we don't want or need any other AS functionality.

Can anyone recommend an alternative, either web-based or client/server, that runs on Windows & won't break the bank? Something that can make a reasonable attempt at converting 6i reports would be ideal, but not mandatory. Ideally it needs to be easily distributable & installable as [Quoted] we have an ever-increasing number of sites, most of which have zero IT expertise on site.

TIA

--
Preston.