Library form problem

From: Pascal <pbyrne_at_mailbolt.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 03:38:04 -0800

[Quoted] I have been asked to upgrade some forms from 4.5 up to 10g starting with a move to 6i but I'm having problems with a library form.

Now let me say up-front I didn't write any of these forms and know very little about forms development, so apologies if the questions sound stupid.

The project has a single library form (.fmb file) which has shared program units, triggers and a shared data block.

When I open any of the dependent forms in Forms Builder 6i I get these type of errors:
  ORA-00942 Table or view does not exist (repeated several times)   FRM-18108 Failed to load the following objects     Source Module: AGSP_IPS
    Source Object: key-enter
  FRM-10043: Cannot open file

It seems to be looking in the database for the library and ignoring the filesystem. Working on this assumption I guess I need to either:

  1. Change the client forms to look on the filesystem instead of in the database. I found a note on metalink 133511.1 which gives the source for a utility to do this but when I run it I get a D2FS_MISSINGSUBCLMOD error when it tries to load the form (d2ffmdld_Load). I've heard it is possible to change the binding in Forms builder but I haven't been able to find a way of doing this. [Quoted]
  2. Load the library form into the database. No idea on how to do this. I tried this: ifcmp60 userid=blah/blah module_type=library module_access=database module=AGSD_IPS.fmb upgrade=yes upgrade_plsql=yes compile_all=yes batch=yes build=yes window_state=minimize

fails with PDE-PLI018 Could not find library AGSD_IPS.FMB

I don't care which of the two methods I have to use so long as I get something that works. If anyone can tell me how to do either of these or has any other suggestions then I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Pascal Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 12:38:04 CET

Original text of this message