Re: Library form problem

From: Andrew Hardy <junkmail_at_[127.0.0.1]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:00:13 +0000

Pascal wrote:
> I have been asked to upgrade some forms from 4.5 up to 10g starting
> with a move to 6i but I'm having problems with a library form.
>
> Now let me say up-front I didn't write any of these forms and know very
> little about forms development, so apologies if the questions sound
> stupid.
>

> 2. Load the library form into the database. No idea on how to do this.
> I tried this:
> ifcmp60 userid=blah/blah module_type=library module_access=database
> module=AGSD_IPS.fmb upgrade=yes upgrade_plsql=yes compile_all=yes
> batch=yes build=yes window_state=minimize

It's been a while since I played with Forms, but...

I think that the module_access option is indicating where the module is *currently* and that to place the module into the database you use the 'insert' option. Also, I think that your module_type should be form if you're looking at an FMB file.

I don't think that you can upgrade and insert at the same time, so upgrade the file first and then insert it into the database. So, that could be:

ifcmp60 userid=blah/blah module=AGSD_IPS upgrade=yes upgrade_plsql=yes compile_all=yes batch=yes build=yes window_state=minimize

ifcmp60 userid=blah/blah module=AGSD_IPS insert

--
Andy

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Advantica
Technologies