Re: Q: Using Ant for Installation of Oracle SQL..

From: Andrew Hardy <junkmail_at_[127.0.0.1]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:19:46 +0000

ianal Vista wrote:
> "Verner Jensen, Ålborg" <knold_at_x.dk> wrote in news:W45Jf.137$cH4.42
> _at_news.get2net.dk:
>

>>Yo iAnal
>>
>>Compiling means also "get together" - or asemble.
>>
>>What I need is a tool for extracting sourcecode - and
>>put-a-master-install-script together, in a predefined order.
>>

> Stop TOP POSTING.
>
> For extracting "sourcecode" (SQL?), try using DBMS_METADATA.
>
> "put-a-master-install-script" is object order dependent collection.
>
> Good luck re-inventing the wheel while using the wrong tool for the job.
>
> HAND!
Um... his sourcecode is, rightly, in a repository where it can be controlled. Simply extracting 'whatever is there' from the database isn't the same thing.

I think that the OP is going to need some form of build management tool e.g. Luntbuild to handle the dependencies between the Ant scripts.

--
Andy

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Advantica
Technologies