Re: Net Configuration Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:34:15 +0100

On 8 Feb 2006 12:39:30 -0800, art_at_chicagorsvp.com wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Our company is upgrading from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g R2. We are
>reading the upgrade docs, and, the documentation says we need to run
>the Net Configuration Services before running the Upgrade Utility.
>
>I guess what we are unclear on is that, although we've installed the
>10g software, there is no database, yet. So, how can we run the Net
>Configuration? We cannot bring up any database........
>
>The documentation we are looking at is here:
>
>http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/gettingstart.htm#i485122
>
>Thanks a bunch.

Incorrect quote, as you aren't quoting from the *upgrade* documentation, so do you expect this forum to read the upgrade documentation?
Apart from that: netca doesn't require a database. You can't test the connection by logging in, but you can always do that later.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA