Re: g

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:37:57 +0100

On 8 Feb 2006 01:08:11 -0800, "zafri1936" <zafri1936_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Following error I am getting during execution of the sql script:
>
>Oracle Sql Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>

>Thanks
>
>Zafri
>

>DA Morgan wrote:
>> zafri1936 wrote:
>> >
>> > I made a little form application. The purpose of this application is to
>> > generate explain plan for a particular SQL. Some sql scripts run
>> > internally in order to populate the result on form's screen after
>> > pressing the form's button but I am getting windows error during
>> > running the sql scripts from form 6i.
>> >
>> > I am using forms 6i with patch 17 with Oracle 10G database on windows
>> > 2000 professional on same computer.
>> > This application runs fine with 8i.
>> > Please inform me where the problem is and how to overcome it.
>> >
>> > Zafri.
>>
>> Have no idea as you've provided a wholly inadequate account of what
>> you are doing.
>>
>> But it should be noted that the proper way to generate Explain Plan
>> output in 10g is with the DBMS_XPLAN package and rather than using
>> plan_table using the plan_table$. You might want to spend a few
>> moments with $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catplan.sql.
>>
>> It won't solve your forms problem but then as I said before I have
>> no idea what you are doing, or not doing, from your description.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> http://www.psoug.org
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)

1 do not top post
2 do not top post
3 do not top post
4 the message you are quoting is a *windows* message.

Likely your server is a mess and/or not up to required specs. But as you continue to require crystall ball usage and refuse to provide a proper description, you would do better to stop wasting our time, and to hire someone with Windows and Oracle knowledge.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA