Re: Is forms 6i obsolete

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_undisclosed.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 23:20:23 -0500

murad0786 wrote:

>Hi,
>I am the beginner on Oracle forms 6i. I have a question that a form 6i
>is still in market or it has gotten obsolete.
>Should I use forms 6i on 10G?
>

>Murad

Forms 6i is the current certified version of the tool used to build and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite current release 11i. The applications development group within Oracle tends to only upgrade their toolset infrequently, so there will be a market for people who can use this tool to customize the Oracle Applications for several more years yet. Even after the next major release (12i) comes out, it could be a couple of years before the majority of customers decide to upgrade.

So while it is obsolete for new application development, it is not obsolete for customizing Oracle Apps 11i. Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 05:20:23 CET

Original text of this message