Re: Is forms 6i obsolete

From: ChrisF <chris.freel_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 02:49:40 -0800

> murad0786 wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I am the beginner on Oracle forms 6i. I have a question that a form 6i
> >is still in market or it has gotten obsolete.
> >Should I use forms 6i on 10G?

Oracle Forms 6i is on "Extended Support" until end of January 2008, see
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/10g/ToolsSOD.pdf for details.
After that it is unsupported. Full support ended January 2005.

"Extended support" is lasting so long because 6i is the last version with text-mode, and the last version with PC client. After that its Java or web-based only.
So a lot of legacy systems are stuck at 6i with later databases, until they invest in a re-write of the client. Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 11:49:40 CET

Original text of this message